Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Photo Update

HI
I know I have been gone for a while.  But I promise that I have still been working out and eating right (at least trying to).  Workout buddy and I have begun a breakfast and lunch challenge.  Here is how it works:  We will eat either oatmeal (yuck) or yogurt for breakfast....and for lunch...salads (yummy).  We are also supposed to do 100 crunches or situps every day.  
So here is how its been going...for me at least.
I have failed miserably on the abs portion.  Like for real.  I think it is day 9 and I have only done my 100 situps like once.  Pathetic, right?  But to compensate I have been running still...even when I have been on travel (treadmill in Salt Lake City, sucked major booty but running in Belle Isle (see photo) in Richmond was awesome). 

I have also run in the rain (a couple of days after the EARTHQUAKE and in the midst of IRENE).  I am up to eight miles for my training and even tried out trail running- and I'm not sure that I am a fan.

But I digress...
As far as the food part is concerned.  Success!  Kind of...I got a little thrown off after the earthquake happened and my evening was thrown off so I was unable to prepare my salads.  I think that's a legitimate excuse, right? So I missed one day.  Other than that I haven't been doing too bad.  I have been able to stomach the oatmeal and have been doing fun things like adding peanut butter and nutella (separately of course) but both delicious in their own way.  

See...
I am eating more oatmeal as opposed to yogurt but I have even made homemade granola- to create a parfait of sorts and its not too bad.  Recipe to follow.
I have even designated froyo (with cocoa pebbles among other things) as my new reward food.

Not bad if its non-fat froyo, right?


During my hiatus, I traveled to Salt Lake City and my buddy and I ate so bad.  Bad meaning good that is.  The food wasn't what you would call healthy.  But it was delicious.  Just so you know, the work travel trip was exempt from the food challenge.  We stumbled upon a place called Bay Leaf, where we had a three course meal. We also had some of the best.sushi.ever! at Ahh Sushi.
(Course 1) Fried pickles
Course 2: Fried Catfish, Hoppin John, and Collard Greens
 
Course 3: Peach Cobbler

which was gone in 60 seconds
ahh sushi/oh shucks... some of the best sushi and beer I have ever had. 
Despite all of the food, we still got in some good strength and cardio workouts and even went on a three hour hike.


During the hiatus, I also celebrated a couple of pretty important birthdays-like milestone birthdays- not your everyday-just-another-year- birthday.
Bar Crawl for Whit's (Cheerios And Beer) 25th

My Hubs turned 30 and we had a kick ass house party (<---thanks to the hurricane)



video of the 30 y/o doing a keg stand. 
watch out college kids...he's still got it
I also need to share that I have lost a couple of additional pounds bringing my total weight loss since June-ish to 11 pounds.  Six weeks until my cousin's wedding I wonder if I can keep going.

Moral of this update is that.. 
It's all about balance.

ta-ta for now,
<3 Shaunté 

1 comment:

  1. Those pics make you look like a serious party planner! I'm jeal.

    ReplyDelete