Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

I am addicted to you

I can't think of a better way to start off my fantastic new blog than with a confession.  I have an addiction.  An addiction that has reared its ugly head as of late.  I love to shop.  Like LOVE to shop.  I have been trying to keep things under control by setting small goals and rules for myself. I must say that I was doing totally fine...until I stumbled upon some glorious shopping apps on my handy, dandy smart phone.  As of late, I have been getting my fix on {I'm ashamed to admit}....
  • Groupon
  • LivingSocial
Who on earth cursed me and told me about these wretched (wonderful) websites?! I mean really!  Like today's Groupon Deal of the Day....
Againn (correct spelling I promise) Downtown Penn Quarter Restaurant- $30 for $60 bucks worth of fare at a restaurant featured in the Washingtonian with a huge selection of scotch, beer and wine.  On top of all of that it has (wait for it) a chic, dark wood interior.  I guess you can't beat that.
The Zoom Teeth Whitening Deal for today has completely sold out on LivingSocial!

As I type this, I am switching back to the LivingSocial deal from yesterday of $30 for 5 pole fitness classes and noting that I have 7:48:37 to buy this deal.  I just have to get it because we all know that pole fitness is such a good workout.  Even if you haven't done it, you've heard the rumors.  It's a steal- $6 bucks a class!  That's 50% savings.  Who cares that the place isn't Metro accessible and that's mine (and tons of others) primary mode of transport in the area?  A deal is a deal!

I am simultaneously checking Groupon and stalking this Bikram Yoga deal...I can pay $24 for 5 classes or $44 for 10 classes! I have a day to think about this one.  But its a no-brainer because its a 70% percent savings!  As of now 828 people have purchased the deal.  It doesn't matter that all 828 probably wont ever fit into the classes there or that I have never done Bikram Yoga a day in my life.  Hot, sweaty yoga sounds pretty darn good.  

Why haven't I purchased these yet?!  Here's why- since April, I have purchased the following:
  1. 15 Yoga Classes for $15-expiring October 18, 2011  (livingsocial)
  2. $39 of Unlimited Yoga- expiring October 28, 2011 (groupon)
  3. $27 for three drop in dance classes- expiring September 20, 2011(livingsocial)
  4. $45 for five Pilates Reformer and two Mat classes- Expiring November 3, 2011  (livingsocial)
  5. 20 Bikram Yoga classes for $30- expiring November 14, 2011 (livingsocial)
$156!!! on some things I have never done and may never even be able to use! 
  1.  I must admit it was a great way to introduce me to yoga.  I have started to put a dent in my classes (due to the strength and stretching requirement of my half marathon training) and I anticipate that they will be used by 10/18.  I actually <3 yoga now as a result.  Hence the other purchases
  2. This is at a place that is no where near my office or even on my way home.  For sale?
  3. Used the classes up on Zumba (which I love) and ended up paying $10 for two consecutive classes.  That came to an end once I realized everything else I had bought.
  4. I have no idea what Pilates is, to be completely honest.  This place is in Shirlington, which is a super cute area with lots of great things-none of which is a Metro stop!  The bus gets too complicated in unfamiliar areas.  Why did I buy this?
  5. People have been trying to get me to do hot yoga for ages.  I figured I needed to start with regular yoga first and since I did (and liked) that, I purchased this groupon.  I still haven't figured out a solution for my hair for running while its 90 degrees outside, much less turning myself into a pretzel in a room that is 105 degrees.  This place is near George Mason University (also not close to me)- so I purchased this one why?

    All of these purchases were made with the thought that these things could help me (if I used them) with my weight loss.  But in reality it was just another way for me to buy something, since I have put myself on a no-clothes-buying-until-you-are-ten-pounds-lighter hold.

    Moral of this story...good intentions are still sometimes insane!  I'm probably just going to stick with what I know and run and lift.

    On a separate note: I did go to yoga (vinyasa) today and although I have a lot to learn (me at yoga=deer in head lights) and my practice leaves a lot to be desired, I already have a favorite pose- crow/crane pose

    I am going to keep at this, I know it will help to shrink my asana :P
<3 Shaunte

No comments:

Post a Comment