Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August Goals

Equip myself with everything I need to achieve my fitness goals
I purchased new running shoes in July so now I just need to get some new sports bras, shorts and socks because the reality is, I [still] will not do laundry often.  I also need to find a more than adequate gym bag that can accommodate my workout clothes, snacks, wallet etc.  The perfect workout bag has been an ongoing challenge since I have been in the District and taking the Metro.   I have been stalking this bag but have been unable to find it in blue.  Just a trash baggy black and a too light grey.  There goes that shopping thing again.

Puma handbag
Really sweet puma bag I want
Actually set and stick to a workout regimen this month
I plan to work out at least 5 days a week and this can easily be done if I follow my half marathon training regimen.  I will incorporate yoga, circuits and strength training in with my running schedule.  Along with that, I will challenge myself to set my alarm and actually wake up to work out at least seven days in the morning before work.

Make some dietary changes
I will only eat meats that are either fish or poultry.  I will try my hardest to limit my caffeine intake; coffee, tea, soda and I am already setting myself up for failure.

Document my progress
I will weigh in weekly (not every day...hmmm what about every other day) and write it down.  I will post on my blog daily and document my workouts on the dailymile.

Register for races

I have identified the races I want to do this fall- now I need to pay for them.  Talk is cheap.

Today- I ran 4 miles at a 9 min pace and then did some circuits for 30 minutes.  The circuits were upper body and abs.

Until tomorrow,

Shaunté

No comments:

Post a Comment